- More than 100 Turku-based operators and companies have already joined Clean & Safe Turku operating model
- Companies could follow the model for no costs and Clean & Safe logo is awarded when the company is committing to follow the model’s requirement
- The marketing campaign for the operating model will be held in May-June on the city’s billboards and in social media.
Turku is ready to welcome summer in a health-safe way. Companies and operators of the city’s tourism and events sector are committed to health-safe activities in accordance with the Clean & Safe Turku operating model.
The global Clean & Safe operating model and logo show that the companies and operators involved are thoroughly and strongly committed to COVID-19 precautions and restrictions.
– The goal is to tell the residents and visitors planning a trip to Turku that we take care of visitors’ safety as well as we can, says Saara Malila, the Communications Manager of the City of Turku.
In Turku, the green Clean&Safe Turku logo can already be found on the doors and websites of 102 companies and operators.
To support the Clean & Safe Turku operating model, Turku is launching a marketing campaign on social media and the city’s streetscape. The campaign will run from May to June. This is another way for the city to support restaurants and other operators in the industry during the ongoing coronavirus pandemic.
For more information, see the Clean&Safe Turku website. The website contains all the necessary information for travellers and residents on how companies and other operators in Turku are committed to the operating model to support health security.
– This is not a new guideline, but the Clean&Safe Turku website compiles existing recommendations, official regulations and certificates that the tourism and events sector already follow, says Teija Raninen, Senior Executive from Turku Science Park Oy.
The Clean&Safe Turku operating model has been planned together with shipping companies, accommodation providers, restaurants, event producers and the city’s own operators such as museums, libraries, swimming halls, theatres and the orchestra.
It costs nothing for companies to join – you can get the logo by meeting the criteria of the operating model and committing to follow them. The Clean&Safe Turku operating model is coordinated by Turku Science Park Oy in cooperation with the City of Turku and Visit Turku.