The Start Info is a comprehensive hour-long package of information (in Finnish) for those about to start their own businesses. During the session, a specialist from the regional development company Turku Science Park Ltd. gives concrete information about entrepreneurship and founding a business. The Start Info sessions will be organised as webinars.
Check the time of the next Start info (in Finnish) in our event calendar.
We recommend participating in the Start Info and the Start Workshop (in Finnish only) before you schedule a one-on-one meeting. That way, you will get more out of the individual session. The Start Info will also give you the tools you need to prepare your own business plan and you’ll be able to utilise the individual sessions and the workshops much more efficiently.
Subjects covered in the Start Info include
- the personal qualities an entrepreneur is required to have
- different forms of entrepreneurship and organising your company
- how to apply for starting money and other questions relating to funding
- formulating a business plan
- pensions, taxation and permits for entrepreneurs
Here’s what to do
- Check the date for the next Start Info on the Event Calendar, and come hear our specislists’ tips
- You are also welcome to the Start Workshop (in Finnish), where your idea will be developed further
- Schedule a meeting or express session with one of your business advisors
Founding a company begins with a business plan
A business plan is a description of the company’s central components in the most concrete possible manner. The plan is a tool that adapts according to the environment and the market and helps to develop the company in the future as well.
The first step is to print out the instructions for writing a business plan and read them through carefully. After that, begin writing your own plan as instructed. Save the file locally on your own computer, which enables you to take all the time you need.
Instructions for writing a business plan – click here to download (only in Finnish so far)
When planning how your business would operate, it is a good idea to make preliminary calculations about the company’s viability, costs, and funding.
Calculating viability – Click here to download the template (only in Finnish so far)
We belong to the national network of the Finnish Enterprise Agencies, which ensures the quality of our operations.